QuarkXPress is one of the original page layout applications. The most recent version, 2016, is a powerful and compelling alternative to popular competitors like Adobe InDesign. This course will teach you the essential skills you need to use QuarkXPress for professional publishing projects, both print and digital.
This Course covers the interface and preferences, and the basics of working with documents, master pages, layers, and items (the design elements of a QuarkXPress layout). He then goes over how to import text, format it, and control alignment, leading, and spacing around paragraph and text boxes. There are chapters dedicated to tables, images, and interactivity, as well as the output and publishing options in QuarkXPress, including EPUB and HTML5. Focus on just the topics you need to complete your next layout, or watch the entire course to master the desktop publishing workflow.
- What is QuarkXPress?
- Setting preferences
- Creating new documents and pages
- Moving and merging layers in QuarkXPress
- Using the Bezier Pen tool
- Importing and editing text
- Applying fonts
- Working with bullets and numbering
- Using style sheets
- Creating anchored text boxes
- Formatting tables
- Controlling color and opacity
- Adding hyperlinks, video, and animation
- Exporting QuarkXPress files